Yamaha RXv4600 w/HDMI issues. GUI ?

Howdy. I have a Yammie pre/amp and I have just hooked it up to a Sony 52" 1080p & DirecTv HD and BluRay recorder using the HDMI's. NOW I am not able to enter the setup mode on the Yamaha with the HDMI's hooked up. I get a readout on the amp of "GUI" and the setup goes nowhere. Anyone with some insight on this? Please don't send me to AVSForums or Audiioholics. Been there and their sites will boggle a simple mind like mine. Any body know the answer to get out of the GUI and allow me work the setup? What is the GUI...?
Thanks is advance, John
jsd52756

Showing 2 responses by zigonht

jsD52756,

You should be able to see your menu options on the front panel of the yammi. Go to manual set up to video options and the is a selection of osd component yes or no...Select yes. on screen will function via your component out. Setting to no will result in you having to use the screen of receiver to see set up options...When you want to use the set up menu just use your tv remote and select component then go back to hdmi when finished..
jSD52756,

Yamaha will only pass set up menu via component. Using a Yammie as a pre pro presently. hook up component cables and problem should correct itself..