YAMAHA NS-100M

does anyone know anything about these speakers..i know they are in the same family as the NS-10M and the NS-1000M.MANUFACTURED IN THE EARLY 1970,S.and that is all
mark126
THANX FOR THE THREAD...BUT THAT LISTS THE NS1000M....I AM TRYING TO FIND OUT ABOUT THE NS100M...HAVE YOU ANY IDEAS WHERE I CAN FIND OUT ABOUT THEM.
trying to find something out about these speakers is about as hard as finding rocking horseshi*...lol
Found the Japanese website:
http://www11.plala.or.jp/se_ke5583/YAMAHA/speaker/ns-100m.html
Let google be your friend. I found a site in japanese that give the specs for these using "yamaha ns 100m". Google will even do somewhat of a translation for you.

I hope this will give you the info you are looking for.
I found a Yamaha Hi-Fi general brochure for that time period and it lists the NS-100M tiered below the NS-1000 and the NS-690III. Ir is described as follows:

NS-100M
3 way speaker system + True bookshelf size, yet with excellent sonic qualities + Tangential edge tweeter dome suspension + Midrange and tweeter level controls + Left/right speaker configuration + Single-sheet white cone woofer + Frequency response 50-20,000 Hz + Maximum input capacity 60 W + Sound pressure level 87 dB/W/m + Woofer: 20cm cone + midrange: 5.5cm soft dome + Tweeter: 3.5cm soft dome +_ Dimensions (HxWxD) 496 x 276 x 251 + Weight: 12Kg

Now, among my 100plus pairs of speakers, I have a NS-500 2/way speaker and I have seen this model in both 2/way and 3/way but have not seen any brochure or specs for these speakers. I also have the NS-1000 and these speakers are rather good and the only group of speakers made in Japan that can compete with our good domestic brands.

Your NS-100M should be a pleasant sounding speakers that are polite and do not shout at you... good for a row-M listener.
Yeah they're nowhere near the NS1000m

They do not have beryllium drivers that make the 1000M, 1000X and NS-2000 so special...

Richard