Yamaha MX1000U Amp

My uncle trade this old amp of his for my reciever he said he never used it in 7 years i turn it on light come on ,any suggestion for preamp and speakers?
cyberzom104

Showing 2 responses by cyberzom104

Thanks...I ACTUALLY HAVE TO SAVE MONEY FOR A PREAMP FIRST
THEN FOR THE SPEAKERS...I ACTUALLY HAVE A QUESTION IF YOU DONT MIND...IN HOME THEATER SOME PEOPLE SAID OH I USED THIS AMP FOR MY MAIN SPEAKER AND THIS SUCH AMP FOR MY SURROUND? DO THEY USED THE RECIEVER OPTICAL CONNECTION THEN THEY CONNECT THE FRONT AND SURROUND TO THE 5.1 REGULAR PLUG TO AMPLIFIED THE SIGNAL IN SEPARATE AMPS?
Thanks again...let say i have a reciever with no connection for the amp..The reciever is connected to a dvd using a optical connection...then in the dvd also have a connection for 5.1 using the regular banana plug...Then let say i have a amp and preamp plus 2 more front speakers
can i connect the output of the dvd front left and right speaker to the preamp just to get amplified....do you think its a good i dea?

I went to my co worker and try the mx 1000u amp ...he want to buy it from me..its loud and clead on his big speakes .
More to discover