Yamaha CDS-1000 or Denon DCD-1600ne

These are my choices for sacd players which would be a good fit for me system. I have a musical fidelity m6si and my speakers are Sonus faber sonetto iii and run a rel subwoofer.

bigmac1963

+2 @coralkong 

DAC and power supply much more important determinants of sound than anything @jasonbourne52 cites.

I’ve heard both SACD players, and I’ve heard the OP speakers.  However, I haven’t heard them all together, nor have I been in the OP listening room.  Although I disagree with everything else in @jasonbourne52 post, he is ultimately correct in that both SACD players will sound good.  I agree with poster who said the Denon will sound a bit darker than the brighter Yamaha will sound.  Personally I would prefer that, but ymmv.  The speakers aren’t particularly treble happy, so even the brighter Yamaha won’t lacerate your ears.

@mahler123

Although I disagree with everything else in @jasonbourne52 post, he is ultimately correct in that both SACD players will sound good

Ultimately he isn’t correct. He said both will sound “identical” (Not that both sound good). According to those here providing listening impressions, they clearly are not identical sounding. Distinct sonic differences are noted.

Charles

I have the Denon, and like the OP, Sonus Faber speakers (Olympica III, used with a McIntosh power amp).  I considered the Yamaha, but didn't buy it because of reliability concerns.  The Denon took several months to break in, and originally, I was not impressed.  But now I think the Denon is a good match for the amp and speakers -- it's detailed, crisp and dynamic.  By contrast, I tried a tubed CD player with the same setup, and it didn't work well -- the sound was tubby and slow.

I stand corrected, but the practical point here is that both players are good, and I can’t account for how the differences between them will fit with the totality of the OPs system/room, let alone the OPs taste in music. From my viewpoint either machine will be satisfying, but I lean towards the Denon

Ive had both these pieces in my home for short periods. They are both very solidly built and nice looking. I can't attest to the fact that either was substantially broken in, but I do recall that I preferred the Denon overall.