Yamaha A-S801 owners. Did you upgrade?

My A-S801 is driving Bryston Mini-T speakers (86db, 4ohm) well.  I'm enjoying the sound as well as the versatility of the A-S801.  I listen to 100% Deezer Premium via Sonos Connect (optical to 801's dac).

But, I feel more power might make the Mini T's sing a bit more, and I'm considering a change.

My budget is about $2500.  Right now, my frontrunner for a demo is the PS Audio S300 with Gain Cell DAC combo (300w at 4 ohm).  Due to amp placement (credenza), amp heat has to be considered.

If you've have/had an A-S801, I'd be interested to learn your experience around "upgrading" to a different amp.  If you've heard the S300/Gain Cell, I'd appreciate learning about your thoughts on that too.

Thanks.

VeroGuy
veroguy
Thanks for your insight, helomech.  Very helpful - especially the Rogue class D vs A-S500. 

I'd love to get the A-S2100, but there are two issues I have to resolve: The 2100 doesn't have a built-in DAC (easy, just $$$), and it's too deep to fit in the space as where the A-S801 currently resides. (WAF issue)

Life is compromise, though.  I'll seriously consider how to work through those issues.
Stick to a heavy class AB amp. The Parasound Halo Integrated is very good, has a built-in DAC and relatively compact chassis. 
Anybody else have experience upgrading from this amp?  How does the A-S2100 compare?
I ended up going with the Kinki Studio EX-M1 and I’ve been very happy.

Before discovering the EX-M1, I was looking closely at the A-S2100, but I had some space constraints and that amp was too deep.

The AS-801 really has exceptional sound for the price, and I’d say that it can beat the Kinki in some areas with the right speakers.

Yamaha just released 3 new models of the AS line: 1200, 2200 and 3200. The A-S1200 is 90w @ 8ohms and 150w@4ohms - weighs 48 pounds. $2800, and has those nice meters.