Yamaha A-S3000 - any experiences?

This integrated seems real interesting - have you heard it?

Have you heard it with a turntable as source, using its phono stage?

A concern for me is that they chose 50 ohm for the fixed MC value (usually it's 100 ohms to accommodate most carts) - I have a Shelter Harmony that states 'within 100 ohms'...I wonder how that would affect the sound (I think not much, but...)...anyways, please share if you have any experiences of this amp...MANY thanks and Happy New Year to you all!
go4vinyl

Showing 2 responses by waltertexas

I used the phono section of the A-S3000 for a while with an Ortofon Quintet Black.  It was really good, but I moved up to a Parasound JC3+ as I was still wanting more out of my vinyl.  Compating the two, at the same volume setting, the JC3+ is easily ~50-60% louder than the on-board phonostage and at the same time ~75-80% lower noise floor.  I would say if you are just getting into vinyl and have any MM cart or a more musical MC (think like a Quintet Blue or Cadenza Bronze) then the on-board phono would be perfect for you.  If you have a higher-end table and are hungry for dynamic range, "slam", and power/presence at lower volumes, then you will want a higher-end separate. 

Hope that helps!  Glad to hear others enjoying this fine Yammy! 
@aberyclark  I am considering it with a PS Audio BHK pre.  I'm wondering if I can eek out a bit more definition and air (and add a smidge of warmth to my B&Ws).