Yamaha a-s2100 v Luxman L550AX v Accuphase E350

I'm setting up a system for an elderly man who insists on using a high quality SS integrated amp. He doesn't want to be bothered with tubes and wants old fashioned tone controls albeit in relatively high quality Integrated amps. (I think to assist his hearing of high frequencies). He will be using Digital sources and already possesses easily driven speakers (Silverlines). I have identified three units but have not personally heard them. Neither he nor I have access.

Of the three I find the Yamaha interesting and more cost effective, but I'm a bit put off by some negative comments on the internet regarding reliability and its apparent discontinuance or withdrawal from the market. RE tone controls it appears they have a better thought out hinge point, especially in the high end. 

Anyone with hands on experience of any of these three units?
newbee
+ Luxman very good quality and you don't pay the 300% mark up that Accuphase gives us in NA for basically the same amp. not to mention better resale value then the Yamaha.  
" Of the three I find the Yamaha interesting and more cost effective, but I'm a bit put off by some negative comments on the internet regarding reliability" 

I have owned my Yamaha A-S1000 for about 4 years and it has been rock solid reliable.  Build quality is far above it's price point.  The A-S1000 is the "lowest" model in the analog only integrated amp line but it by no means is a light weight tipping the scales at 48.5 pounds.  The A-S2100 is a more refined model with even higher quality parts and I bet as good a reliability.

Luxman is another rock solid brand and true resale value is a plus.

Bill
You should add this McIntosh MA-5300 to your list. It has all the features that your friend is looking for. It is made in USA from a company that’s been around for seventy years!
https://www.overtureav.com/mcintosh-ma5300
Hey @donvito
Do you have any idea about the sound? Speaker pairing recommendations?

Best,
E
My friend uses Mac gear with his ProAc D48r speakers and the combination is first class!
There is a very fine Luxman L507uX for sale here on Audiogon from a Luxman dealer. It's brand new. I'd make Mike an offer and get 507uX for the same price as 505. I've had both 507uX is better, I'd say it's comparable more to Yamaha AS3000. Amazing integrated amplifier.
McIntosh MA-5300  is anything but made in U.S.A.
Audiophile equipments made in China have a unique signature, and not hard to identify.
When you can't find country of origin, it is made in China. They are too ashamed to say it. (Equipments made in Malaysia are shown).
You certainly do not see "Made in USA" at the back of  McIntosh MA-5300. I haven't check all of the  McIntosh models. But I believe none of its models has "Made in USA" in the back.