xStream speaker cables and B&W 804s

I was wondering if anyone has experience with a combo like this? I have heard the B&Ws described as bright (I love them as they are) and I have heard the Xstream bi-wires described as warm. I am thinking the combo might be a good balance. My other thought is a set of Wireworld Equinox 5s, but not bi-wire. I have a Parasound preamp and amp with Wireworld Polaris 5 interconnects.

Any comments appreciated.
Art
aveloguy

Showing 1 response by uriah

I love my N802's also, but I think a lot of people are just using possibly bright sounding preamp's or power amp's. I am currently using the PS Audio Xstream statements bi-wire on the N802's and they sound excellent. Remember, a lot of how your 804's as well as other speakers are going to sound depends on the quality of the recording, the B&W's will just let thru how it actually sounds. However, if your trying to tame them, copper wires would be the way to go along with a room with heavey drapes, furniture, and a proper position of the speaker's. What ever you do, ignore any advice from a certain judy on this site as she's a well known B&W basher and thinks people who make speakers in their garages are the way to go. Good luck to you and feel free to e-mail me anythime if you want to. Uriah