XM Radio - Anyone Getting It Through DirectTV?

We moved a few months ago into a new and larger home. And long before the move I had my fill of the miserable picture provided by our cable TV service (Comcast). So we set up a DirectTV account and LOVE the service as well as the extra clean picture on every channel. (One of my main beefs with cable was the ghosting on at least two or three of the lowest channels on our cable system.)
A few weeks back we discovered the various XM channels that we get as part of our service package. My main question concerns the quality of the XM signal we are getting vs. that recieved by a dedicated XM satellite receiver. Is there any real difference? I can tell you that the classical channels on XM certainly have a LOT more enjoyable music than much of what our local classical station plays most weekday mornings.
avideo

Showing 1 response by charlie123

I listen occcasionaly to the Direct TV XM stations in both my living room and bedroom. I've got a sperate satillite receiver and stereo system in both places. It makes a big difference if you can run the digital signal through a good outboard DAC. Still, I prefer to listen to the sound from my analog tuner (Magnum Dynalab FT-101 in lvg rm and HK Citation 23 in bed room). I still can't really get used to that compressed digital sound..it's just kind of "thin" and brittle sounding to my ears.
But I'm with you on the programming selection, that is fantastic.