Hi I promised to post an update so here is what I ended up comparing with my impressions
1. Neotech NEI-3001 - what I had - smooth, warm mids, I confirmed its limitations are that it's not the most detailed in both frequency extremes.
2. Audio Sensibility Statement Silver - excellent construction with awesome Furutech connectors - very impressive mids and treble, detailed and smooth, but lost some oomph and ultimate detail in the bass and sub-bass compared to the Audience.
3. Nordost Baldur 1 - a balanced sound, but didn't really stand out as better at anything in particular than any of the other cables.
4. Audience AU24 - very similar reactions to their speaker cable, which I also own - it's got everything, palpable presence with vocals, but this uncanny, confident low bass which is detailed, arresting, and addicting. Don't know how they do it but their products just seem to suit my equipment and my tastes almost perfectly. Just so expensive...
5. Grover Huffman - really, really late shipping cause Grover went on vacation right after i placed my order, but I'm very impressed and very surprised -- this is a real eye-opening, musical cable, PRaT is up the wazoo. It has a forward, propulsive sound that I like. It needs more burn in, though (only been able to put 50 hours on it so far), cause it can't match the Audience in the bass...yet?
Leaning heavily towards the Audience AU24E or SE, but will give the Huffman's about another week before deciding. In terms of value, they offer incredible performance.