Wywires Silver to Platinum interconnects. How big an upgrade would that be ?

I currently have Silver RCAs on my solid state phono stage. Impressive cable, so I am thinking of trying Platinum. Would be buying used. I also have Tchernov Reference MK II and Purist Neptune in my system. Wywires Silver and the Tchernov are similar, I would say the former has more elegance and the latter a little more power of delivery. Neptune is very different and works great everywhere in my system but best between preamp and amp.
inna

Showing 5 responses by adg101

Wywires are all copper. The metal names are just what they are... model names not what the metal is.
I think Alex would give you an honest opinion if you reached out to him. Always been straightforward with me and doesn’t oversell to you if he doesn’t think it’ll make a difference. 

Are you using WyWires Silvers throughout including power cables?
I like his power cords a lot but admit I haven’t tried everything under the sun. I’ve tried some PS Audio, Shunyata Sidewinders I’ve owned, Pangea, Tributaries, and still own a couple Kimber Kable PK10 Golds which are pretty nice too.

Currently I use a mix of WyWires Silver Juice II on all my analog gear with a HC model on amp. I find the WyWyires do a great job of just getting out of the way as they don’t draw attention to themselves. Very natural sound with no HiFi in your face sound. The HC version on my amp really made my Pass wake up. I’m very happy with the power cables. The Kimbers are very good but maybe a little closed in and soft in comparison, but still very nice.

I thought the Silver Juice II’s did a fine job on my digital front end pieces but prefer Nordost Vishnu’s currently. I know Alex makes a digital version now that if I wasn’t already very happy with my Vishnu’s I might try them.

Also using WyWires Silver speaker cables and jumpers which replaced my Clear Day Cables Double Shotgun/jumpers. Again the WyWires to my ears just sound less HiFi and disappear. Was using Clear Days throughout minus power cables and was very happy with the Clear Days... just prefer the WyWires.

I have no doubt Alex’s upper models are better but I’m very satisfied with the Silver Line for now and instead of spending more money to upgrade cables I’m spending the money on Vicoustics room treatment and just picked up a used PS Audio P5 that has transformed my system more than I think Cables for the same amount of money would do; amp still plugs directly into the wall.

Bsck to original question; yes I am very happy with my WyWires Juice II PC’s. If you’re looking for one on an amp definitely do the HC version, for a phono preamp the standard Juice II would work well. My ModWright LS36.5 sounds great with the standard Juice II.

mpomerantz

I don’t find WyWires thin at all, if anything the opposite. What they’re known for in my opinion and what I’ve read is they are very open and throw a wide stage. Can’t speak for the Blue Series, but I run both Silver and Platinum. I suppose if one is looking for a cable that has a narrow stage and more forward sounding then maybe they would think WyWires are thin, but I don’t think so. Very neutral cables that just get out of the way and don’t draw attention to being bright or bass heavy, but it’s all there but balanced. Great cables and usually move fast on the used market so don’t wait around.

Have Silver Juice II, Standard, Digital and HC (High Current) versions and on power amps the HC version definitely will give you more slam. The standard Juice II sounded very good on my Pass X250 but the HC version is noticeably better on my Pass. I recently purchased a couple Platinum HC power cords and they are definitely better than the Silver Juice II HC. The Platinums are smoother or relaxed and draw less attention to themselves… definitely better.
My speaker cables and IC’s are Silver series and will be selling those off to move to Platinum. If Platinum is in your budget I’d suggest going there but if not the Silver series are still great cables. Very open and natural sounding cables.