Wyred DAC-2

Subject: Soft Recovery & Super Fast Diodes Modification

First I would like to thank Kyle Takenaga of Reference Audio Mod for all his support on improving my current audio gear. My latest addition to my audio gear is the Wyred DAC-2 that I just recieved yesterday 3/24/11. I pull the cover off to find out what size fuse i need to order a HiFi-Tunning fuse "supreme fast blow F". While I was in this unit i decided to replace the typical run-of-the mill diodes with Soft Recovery/Super Fast Diodes created by Kyle Takenaga.
Probably one of the most cost-effective modifications is to replace these with high performance Ultra Soft-recovery diodes. You'll hear much cleaner highs, increased resolution, more palpable mids, and tighter bass! Absolutely a must for any mod due to its low low costs!
The results is just like all my other audio gear, simply stunning!!
Picture on the latest mod is available upon request.

jagdynamics

Showing 1 response by bobf1717

owning this same dac and stumbling across your topic made me curious. the one thing i have experienced is that the bass is not tight. the word that comes to mind is "cloudy". so how would a novice actually do what you did, assuming i could figure out how to take the cover off?!