Wyred 4 Sound STI-500 Breakin Time

I was one of the original W4S Dac1 purchasers and just upgraded to the DAC2 and purchased a STI-500 amp. Have about 60 hours on the amp and 100+ on the DAC2.

I did find that DAC1 sounded better and better after about 200 hours of breakin time. Do the W4S STI amps work the same way?

Want to hear from STI-500 or STI-1000 owners with tips on breaking in these amps and how the quality improves with time. Has anyone used breakin CDs with these amps? Can you break them in at low volumn or do you need to play loudly?

So far, the STI-500 plays loud effortlessly but I am not hearing the detail I was with my previous Bada Amp and PreAmp. It is the amazing detail that I got from the W4S DAC that impressed me so much along with a very natural tone and realistic reproduction of acoustic instruments.
ronwills

Showing 1 response by jdaniel13

Fancy power cords, changing fuses...I must be back to Digital.... : ) Just wondering how big the difference between /96 and /192, considering it looks like most back catalogs at EMI/Decca/Chandos/Hyperion--I listen to Classical--have archived at 24/96, should they ever have the "courage" to release their material for downloads at higher resolution?

I've only heard 24/96 via SACD in which original recording was PCM. Better in most cases than "regular" CD.