Would you cancel 3,250 deal cause 16 short?

Made a deal with a guy in Germany to buy his cable for $3,250 including shipping, but because the money arrived to his account short by $16 (international wire transfer) he got upset and paid $50 to return my money back? ?? I couldn't believe it!!! even though I told him that I will send you $50 to cover any charges and even help with shipping. Granted, my bank screwed up making the wire transfer the first time around but the money got there eventually, the whole thing took two weeks. My bank charged me $40. The bad thing is I sold my cable knowing that I already bought a new one. I am so pissed, Was I at fault here? Did it happen with any of you before?
myoussif

Showing 1 response by tekunda

Krisgel, I can tell you from my personal experience that cables DO make a difference. In the beginning of my hobby, when my system was still moderate, I could live with Monster cables, but the more my system grew, the more it got refined over the years, the more did I have to change the cables along the way.
So without sounding arrogant, but if a system has reached a certain level, cables will more and more start to become an important integrated part of the system.
Now if you feel, you cannot hear a difference, you are a lucky guy, since this will save you thousands of dollars. Good cables can be expensive.
I will repeat my Mantra all over:
Try to limit your choice of cables to four different brands, (you can either get a cable loan from the Cable Company, or you can buy your cables on a "money back guarantee" base) audition the cables thoroughly and only then decide which cable, or none at all, you are going to buy.