Would self quarantine be a challenge for an Audiophile? Home detention even a punishment?

With all the talk about people having to self quarantine, I started to think about what that would mean for an audiophile, and Would it even be much of a challenge?
Normal human being - “I had to self quarantine for 14 days and I’m ready to strangle somebody.”
Audiophile version - “I cleaned so many damn records I had been meaning to.... adjusted my VTA and azimuth and my system sounds better then ever, and after listening to the entire Miles Davis and Coltrane’s recorded output, I realized I could have left the house 2 days ago.”

And would some white collar criminal on home detention even be considered being punished? I’d be so content stuck at home with great audio system, home theater projection, laser light and planetarium show, pinball machine, infrared sauna, massage chair, I may decide to commit some “victimless” financial crime just to play with the toys I don’t always have time for.
emailists
glupson,

That's nice of you to mention that. It's too bad the local high school is shuttered but there's one around that age who is a neighbor. I'm still quite able to get around but not being young anymore, I'm feeling more and more mortal, and now with this virus and the tightening of health care, it kind of magnifies the situation.

Too much time to dwell (waste) on the matter.

Doctors are relating stories of how some people are finding it difficult to remain indoors and the psychological effects it can have. Compound that with advancing age, isolation from familiar activities and the like and your can get a witch's brew of negative outcomes.

It'll be interesting to see the mental outcomes from the population, at large, as it's, I assume, being documented by the relevant health officials. This will have long lasting effects.

All the best,
Nonoise
nonoise,

Any teenager would be fine and, if your neighbor cannot do it, high school is still an option. They are all closed these days, but the activity is as strong as ever. All the students are very much involved and having lectures etc. One e-mail will save you from going to the store. It is rough out there and you can go out other times to other places. Grocery store should not be one of them these days.

As a side note, you want a high school student, not college age. Younger the better. Because they can also get sick.
Good point.
Thanks again and sleep well.

All the best,
Nonoise
tomic601

• How can he take the oath IF he shares your opinion that the city is dammed ? Wondering how you as judge over millions will yourself be admitted past the gate ?as for safety no. We continue to care for aged parents and take turns sleeping at the hospital oncology ward
  • as for Dotard, his crimes are manifest, only the ignorant, the racist or worse laud him.

1.  Take a trip down to 5th and San Pedro streets, or drive down Santee Street from 5th, then tell us how Los Angeles and those who run the city are not residents and/or perpetrators of a city damned. Even Typhus has hit workers at City Hall. 

2.  As far as myself being admitted through The Gate, I'm comfortable with my relationship with Him. How about you?

3.  Silly, immature name-calling and race-baiting really isn't appropriate for this forum. 

Frank