Would adding a separate 3 channel help in this situation

I have an Anthem 1120 receiver running a 5.1.4 system. My front speakers are Paradigm 85F with a Paradigm 55 C as center channel. When I play a movie with a lot of heavy sound effects the sound gets really loud during the sound effects and my family objects when it get very loud. If I added a 3 channel amp can I play at a lower volume and be able to hear and understand the dialogue. I start at a fairly loud but not blasting level to hear the dialogue clearly. I want to still be able to enjoy the sound effects but at a lower volume setting. Thanks
galleybob
Ah, Erik, that's an excellent suggestion.  I forgot about that.  Looking at manual, the Anthem has a "DYN" button on the remote.  Just hit the DYN button twice, then you can choose between 3 dynamic range settings:

NORMAL: No dynamic range modification.

REDUCED: Allows the quieter parts to be heard more easily by raising the level of quieter sounds and/or reducing the level of louder ones according to cues in the soundtrack.

LATE NIGHT: Further reduces the softest-to-loudest difference

I'm sure you can play with these to determine which one is best for you.

Also, asnumcwrt2 suggested, try bumping up the center channel by 1 db.  You would be amazed at the increased vocal clarity when you do a 1 db or 2 db adjustment on the center channel.  NOTE: this may put the center out of calibration based on keeping it exact as the left/right/surround, but I have seen an increase in understanding dialog when I do this - and it really doesn't detract from any sound balance.
@numcwrt2 - Marantz receivers has the dynamic range compression feature as well.  If you go into the setup menu, it is under Settings => Audio => Surround Paramater => Dynamic Compression.

You should play with the Low / Medium / High settings here.
I know we are not talking exacts here but when I first added a 200w/ch B&K 3-channel amp to run my LCR and let my midlevel Onkyo AVR just drive the surrounds, low level listening improved in very noticeable ways in my 4800ft3 multi-use room. Most improvement was with dialog detail.

Bill
@willland Thanks for that information. I also have a large multi use room. I will talk to my Paradigm dealer about it and see if I can try out the Paradigm 3 channel amp before buying