Worth the wait? Buchardt S400's

Hi Everyone,
I have the S400's on preorder and have been waiting for a while. In the meantime I upgraded mu amp from a Parasound to Krell Digital Vanguard, driving my Vandersteen 2ces. The Krell has opened up the sound of my Vandys and I wonder now if I should just cancel my order and invest in better speaker cables and interconnects, etc? 
Anyone own the Buchardts?
128x128audiosaurusrex

Showing 1 response by 2channelbob

Made the leap to Buchardt s 400's......in a word they are pretty amazing. Running them  with a Peachtree 220se, Bluesound Vault, ML dynamo 700 and Amazon HR. 
They replaced a set of Dynaudio excite 18's that I enjoyed very much but found that they lacked the ability to fill a pretty good size room 20 x14. Enter the S400's and they do more then just fill the room, they rock. Are they the most detailed....No. But music is the sum of all the parts and the S400 adds up to be a very very good all around speaker. I will say speaker height is very important as well as making sure you have decoupled from the speaker and floor and speaker and stand. If your on the fence I would suggest you give them a try, at the very least you will be amazed with just how Buchardt gets out of this pretty small package.