Worth pursuing analog sound from digital?

Hi all,

I recently acquired a PS audio Nuwave dac which has eliminated most of the digital harshness compared with my old dac but it's still not as smooth and harsh-free like vinyl. I was wondering if it's worth pursuing that analog sound from digital without spending a fortune and if it's even possible. I know lots of digital lovers will say digital can be as good as vinyl but is it really?   
jaferd

rauliruegas
I forgot: Do you know that our brain has a very complicated sampling rate for harmonics that we think we can’t hear?

>>>>>I did not know that. 🤪
Dear @parrotbee  : Why do you want to get CD warmer when live MUSIC seated at nearfield position is everything but warmer ?

I don't know what is your reference,  mine is live MUSIC and digital puts me nearest to that reference.

R.
I'm no expert but I like vinyl sound more than digital even with it's vices because real sound is not harsh. Analog has it's own coloration but at least there's no harshness to the reproduction. This is the only reason I don't favor digital. If it's possible to remove the digital harshness completely, then there's no advantage to vinyl, imo. 
Dear @jaferd : Harsh through digital?  , then your room/system has problems with. Please re-read my long post.

Digital is not harsh per sè, problem is in your system. You don't need to be an expert to understand it.

R.
Der @geoffkait  : """   digital generally still sounds thin, unnatural, bloated, bass shy, inarticulate, congealed, zippy, two dimensional, generic, metallic, electronic, like paper mache, bland, hard, piercing, compressed, airless and sour  ""

you have a problem too, not digital technology.

R.