Worth pursuing analog sound from digital?

Hi all,

I recently acquired a PS audio Nuwave dac which has eliminated most of the digital harshness compared with my old dac but it's still not as smooth and harsh-free like vinyl. I was wondering if it's worth pursuing that analog sound from digital without spending a fortune and if it's even possible. I know lots of digital lovers will say digital can be as good as vinyl but is it really?   
jaferd
skipskip
If you can weed through the hyperbole, on a quality system, with a quality source, they should sound the same.

>>>>Isn’t it pretty to think so?  🌸 🌸 🌸
skipskip
If you can weed through the hyperbole, on a quality system, with a quality source, they should sound the same.
I agree completely. The very best analog, and the very best digital, sound very, very close.

Some listeners prefer the distortion that some analog equipment offers - so they'll record CD to reel-to-reel and think the sound has "improved." Those listeners seek something other than accuracy so for them, of course, they'll always prefer an analog source with some added analog distortion.
“on a quality system, with a quality source, they should sound the same“.

I respectfully disagree, they cannot sound the same (close maybe) even if the playback is from the same master file. Everytime I heard and compared, Vinyl and Digital (CD or Streaming) setup, they sounded different not better or worse but different.

The key here is to tweak both setups to your liking and enjoy the music. They both can be very engaging and satisfying.
Analog isn't the only thing, I would never get rid of my digital.

Digital can be enjoyable, even involving, terrific, however:

Digital is a broken chain, no matter how many links, how much you polish those broken links, Digital will/can NEVER be the unbroken chain analog is.

Analog is definitely higher noise, but, higher involvement, go figure. 

I sum it up: Analog gets the overtones right, something digital loses along the way, despite the incredible sampling rates, ........

Track selection, replay, play lists, FREE, EASY: digital's the answer,

Experiencing the Artist's conceived presentation of their chosen play list, in the order presented, is a part of LP, (and Reel to Reel, 8 track, cassette, ...)

New LPs, or Used LP's in great shape sound terrific, any minimal noise disappears within the achieved involvement.

Old LP's, with their dust, scratches, clicks, pops, you won't play them, except to remember something.

Before CD, we trained our brains to filter out noise, hear the content. Noiseless forever digital was a dream, but turned out to be less than nirvana. We had to re-acquire the ability to filter the noise inherent in Analog, then, back to more immersive involvement.

R2R, TT, they need/take prime surface to operate them, and the content takes space. And $ to acquire content. R2R, TT, both systems require acquired skills to get their high potential. 

And, let me add, amplification, it's the same, transistors were the instant on, less heat, more affordable dream, again, just not nirvana, not Analog like tube amplification is,

so

IF Analog LP, then Analog Tube Amps, therefore, start with efficient speakers so that power requirements are reduced.
How about cutting me a little slack. Even the same system with the same source sounds different in different rooms. Hel-loo! It’s the nature of the beast.