Worth it to try a SUT with a 103R and Herron VTPH-2?

I've recently been enjoying a retipped wood body 103r with my Herron. Is it worth trying an SUT or will it likelybe a fruitless or expensive endevour to get improvement?
dhcod
I’ve started using a Sky 20 with my VTPH-2A. The JFET MC stage in the Herron is really good, so it’s much closer than usual, but in the end I prefer the extra warmth and fat tone lent by the SUT, especially with Shelter and Koetsu. It’s notably more vivid and alive sounding, at a very slight expense to the ultimate refinement and resolution; the trade-off works for me. I’m a big fan of SUT’s. In the main rig I use an EAR MC-3 which beat the Sky 20, but I haven’t yet tried that EAR with the Herron to determine if it’s a good pairing (probably would, though).
If you're married to the 103R, my vote is also upgrading the VTPH2 to a 2A.

FWIW, I'm using a Hashimoto HM7 SUT into a VTPH2A.
Now that's something I haven't thought of (he said, shooting an email to Keith Herron!)
Post removed 
There's a review by one of the Stereophile writers (Dudley) comparing Bob's Devices 1131 SUT to FET amplifiers and the preference was for the transformer.

So I assume your Herron already provides sufficient gain for the 103R.  Yet you're thinking about interposing a SUT between the two, presumably using the MM section of your Herron.  My bias is that this would be a step in the wrong direction, but neither I nor anyone else can predict what YOU will like best.  Also, your choice of SUT would have everything to do with the outcome.  
Post removed 
I'd be inclined to spend those resources on more music. But I am curious as to what the others think.