Worth fixing?

I have a Rotel 951 CD player paired with an Arcam alpha7 amp and Paradigm speakers. One speaker cuts in and out occasionally. (Which doesn’t happen with the turntable). Swapped it with an Onkyo CD player and problem solved so it’s clearly the CD player issue.  But it has some sentimental value. Ideas about what the problem might be and is it fixable by me.  Or should I junk it. 

qialah

I had a nice basement system including a Classe Tuner 1 and a Classe CA 100 amp.

When the tuner failed, I left it with the repair shop and after a month they said it needed a part that had become unavailable. I looked up the part and it had been made in Europe and out of production for a while. So I bought another Classe Tuner 1 used.

Some years later, the CA 100 amp lost a channel. After three months, my repair shop said Classe had changed ownership and no longer supported repair of pre-acquisition products. So I replaced it with a used working unit.

I eventually gave the system to a son in college. When he moved and threw it all away, I didn’t feel too bad.

Of course, I never bought another Classe product.

Get a new player. Audio Lab, Pro-Ject or new Rotel. Just a few examples in this category.  

Could be just dirty connections. Try cleaning RCAs & IEC. Happened to me for my LFD phono stage. It was my IEC, I just kept plugging & unplugging my power cord & it was fine & has been fine since. Mike Morrow (cables) advised me of this for an issue of noise from my LFD which helped before I had the other issue. My LFD was bad, it was just all distortion.