Worst Concerts You Have Attended ??

I just left a remark about a favorite band of mine back in the day - April Wine - that I saw in concert and was disappointed. Could have been that it was an off night for them, or maybe they were never good in concert. Maybe the lead guitarist had too much to drink? April Wine was not the worst, however. I remember Neil Young in the 1990's who was on his one-man acoustic show type of tour that many artists were taking advantage of (perhaps for financial reasons) during that time. While a friend of I had near front row seats at Desert Sky Pavilion (now Ak-Chin) in Pheonix, the crowd was just roused up into a frenzy by the warm-up band (James) and here comes Neil and his guitar/harmonica. Wow, what a sonic letdown. I remember getting up and leaving and feeling Neil's glaring eyes on us as we ushered out. I think, to this day, he probably still remembers me. We all can remember the great live concerts we attended, but what were the worst and why?
goodlistening64
The My Bloody Valentine reunion tour in Portland Oregon a couple of years ago. Their music is a wash of feedback with melody underneath, transcendent. Except there was no melody, nothing to hear that identified any of their music, just feedback at 110db.
The worst I ever saw was Boston opening for Black Sabbath and BOC  whoever paired them with those other two bands was a world-class moron.  Secondly, the sound Boston created in the studio was something technology had not yet caught up to in Live PA systems at that time (early 1980's)  They got  (Boston) booed off the stage.
Drunken, drug impaired, lousy performances.

I’ll save the grief, $$ and listen at home.

Big Joe Bonamassa fan. Wife and I have seen him 5 times but the last one 4 or so years back at the Fox Theater in Detroit was just too darn loud and that ruined it for me. So loud you could not hear the music. Add the cost of front row seats and I’d have to say it all added up to be the worse I’ve attended.

I know you didn’t ask but the best took place on August 15-18, 1969. Sound was less then to be desired but the fun factor..OH the fun factor.
Motion City Soundtrack in Bloomington IL. Can’t remember the name of the venue. Whoever was running the soundboard that night was either a rookie, tone deaf or absent.