"World's Best Cables" vs Audioquest interconnects

I've heard many great things about "World's Best Cables". At such low price, these alleged giant killers are a no brainer, so I ordered two pairs. When the shipment arrived, I connected one pair from my phono stage to my preamp, and another pair from my preamp to my power amp.

These cables replaced my trusty old Audioquest interconnects.

First listening impressions: extremely lean sound. Details etched in space, almost as if a strong laser beam is outlining them.

Santana I, side 1: almost unlistenable. The highs are piercing, the soundstage is flat, the splash cymbals sound like trash cans. Made my head hurt.

Switching back to my Audioquest cables: my god, what a relief! The sound is back to its good old sound of music. Everything sounds natural again.

Now, the "World's Best Cables" come with the users manual that claims that the cables need to be burned in for 175 hours. Should I give them the benefit of the doubt and suffer 175 hours, or is that just an audio myth about cables burn-in?

)

crazybookman

I've been breaking in new pair Cardas interconnects for the last week. I don't really need to know why they change sound over that time period. But, Cardas is glad to provide one for those that need an explanation. 

http://www.cardas.com/insights_break_in.php

Post removed 

So if you buy them and then find out they are not actually the WBCs can you sue them for false description of goods?

It's a very lofty description for cables that just use OFC.

You'll never sell them but at $189 bucks, why did I bother to buy...................?

At 7awg OFC and 8 feet long, you could do a lot worse than $189 for a pair of speaker cables.

If you want to be picky, "Ultra-Pure" and "Extra Premium" are probably a stretch, and I sort of doubt the Eminence spades are the "highest-grade connectors for these audiophile cable assemblies."