Work a nice tube integrated amp into my system?

I have what I know many will consider an odd-ish setup. Pioneer Elite receiver, Jolida tube CD player, Musical Fidelity A5 250 watt SS amp for powering the fronts. Speakers are Monitor Audio Gold Ref 20's, Gold Ref Center and 10's for surrounds. No sub. I know a lot of people don't, but I like these MA speakers. Yes, sometimes they can be too "truthful", but adding the Jolida and some Harmonic Technology interconnects and JPS power cords tame them nicely and help bring out the best in them musically, at least to me. Detail, bass, and soundstage are very good. For movies and such (forgot to mention a very basic Pioneer DVD player, currently), this set up doesn't have to get any better.

BUT - I would like to improve on the 2-channel side. I'm thinking an amp change is the way to go. I love what the tubed Jolida does for the system hence I'm interested in adding a tubed amp or tubed integrated. What recommendations might anyone have for about $3500 or less, new or used? I read mostly good things about Ayon and Cayin, Manley as well. Would love to hear others' opinions, and who knows....maybe somebody out there has even successfully paired up MA's with tubes! .... Thanks.
gertjack

Showing 1 response by tom6897

My dealer used Monitor Audio Silver RS6 and Jolida CDP Acoustic Zen cables at a demo with the Unison Unico SE. It was one of the best sounding systems I have ever heard.

Take a look at my listing and send me an email if you need more info.
http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?intatube&1301439070&/Unison-Research-Unico-SE-Hybri

Good luck in your search.