Women who enjoy quality speakers

In my former marriage i was introduced to high end audio by my husband.

At the time the endless visits to highend shows , meetings and shops annoyed me. Tech talk and not very female friendly designs came and went in my living room.

And although i couldnt get used to all of the above, one thing i learned , how to listen.

Now years further , in my second marriage quality audio wasnt a very well know topic of my husband working in tech. Mediocre cheaper hifi dominated the house, which looked even worse and sounded even a lot worse.

When we talked about new speakers and bang and olufsen was mentioned i knew i had to educate him , to let him know whats on the market and how things can sound.

The revelation ended in buying avalon speakers and simular quality equipement and cables.

Now its up and running i really enjoy music again!

Who would have thought that!

I have never seen a lot of other women enthousiastic about quality sound and music. Are there any in this group? Do your wifes experience the same as i did?

Wishing you all a very musical festive season,

A very happy wife,

Jasmine

djasmine
I'm struck by the stereotypes (...) such as women "don't know how to listen" and "prefer to talk."
No way! I have never met a woman who did not have acute enough hearing to IMMEDIATELY pick out differences and what is better or worse.Excuse the emphasis, but I agree that that stereotype is absurd.

On second thought, maybe women in general don't need "to know how to listen": they discern differences naturally without "training" :)
My wife’s hearing is far superior to mine, and all other male hobbyists that I know. Now if i could only get her interested in listening to my rig, for more than 20 seconds!!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ask her.. REALLY, ask her what does the sound need. NOT the system, the SOUND.

No tone control, that’s a problem if you want to share... I’m telling you.

You need it to get started, EASY and TONE control. Just like you learned... Volume, tone control, widen the sweet spot, two heads are better than one. 101 X 2 OK... STEREO, It takes TWO!!!

Regards
All stereotypes are open to defeaters. And they cut both ways. And they're not always inaccurate. I tend not to get worked up about them.....in an attempt not to be a stereotypical easily offended American.
My wife has regarding music practicly nothing incomen with me. So i have my mancave an she has her womancave. This is going on for already 40 years an we are still happy with each other. 😅
Post removed