Wolcott amps The best tube amps?

Ihave been reading reviews from mags and amps are supposedly tops. Is this true. Has anybody heard these?
128x128snook2

Showing 1 response by aw118

I have had my Wolcotts for about 3 weeks now and they are absolutly awesome.As they break in they get better every day.I am driving Soundlab Ultimate 1's and they are an amazing combination.Bass extension,pinpoint imaging,fast yet never edgy.The way the seperate the instruments and voices with such clarity is the best i have ever heard.I am a 300B fan and these amps produce alot of the subtle details the 300b does but with authority,bass and such a full body to the sound.The way Cellos,Bass guitars and drums resonate is extremely realistic and full. I have tried different amps,solid state and tubes and none have done it as well.I have had Atmasphere 60 watt Novacrons which were very good but just not enough power.The Wolcotts get warm but not nearly as hot as the high power OTL's which to me is a big factor living in Florida.I have found a Great amp/speaker combo and have never been happier.My system search is over.I also tried them on my 96db effecient Infinity Preludes and they sounded incredible on a standard driver speaker.I apoligize for all the gushing adjectives but I have been in the hobby for years and nothing has excited me like this.Thanks Hank for a great product.