Wireless speakers for a second room?

i have a two channel (proacs, prima luna power amp and a naim pre\dac). the preamp has a headphone jack and i am wondering if there is a way to set up a speakers in a second room (too inconvenient to wire) by either running some sort of device out of the hadphone jack output, either to a powered speaker or to a non powered (usign the current pre to control volume).  i have seen wireless bluetooth, which i dont think will work, but dont know what other technologies might work. i have two rooms i am thinking of - the dining room which would not need high end speakers ( i have a pair of nht super zeros that would be fine)  but also considering for my home office, where some decent speakers would be nice.

can someone teach me about this, and let me know if i have a viable option?
meiatflask

Showing 1 response by jon_5912

I've never done this but have thought about it. 

Parts Express has a simple and not too expensive possible solution.

https://www.parts-express.com/terk-lf30s-wireless-24-ghz-wireless-a-v-entertainment-expansion-system...

If I were you I'd just accept that in order to get really good, portable sound you need to get a portable player.  I bought a Fiio x7 and it sounds great, is easy to use.  It's kind of a hassle ripping CDs but worth it in my opinion.  I hook it up to an old creek 5350SE connected to Vienna Mozart Grands in my camper and it's a great, very satisfying little system.  I'd like to get some powered speakers to make for a very small/portable but still good system.