Wilsons are the best speakers in the world

Hmm..
I don't think so.
For some reason many electronics manufacturers use them for shows. Why is that? 
inna
Have to chime in and say I have never been happier with a pair of speakers than I am now with my old Wilson Witt series 1.
Ugly as a brick outhouse...definitely
Soundstage, vocals and bass to die for...assuredly
Yes these use Focal tweeters, I know as I had to replace the pair as one was blown along with the mid driver resistors in the crossover, one reason I picked them up for a song.
About $300 later and I am a VERY happy camper.
Are they for everyone, of course not.
Could I even dream of owning a 30k plus set of Wilsons, not in my limited lifetime!
Does their 220lb weight give me a hernia if I need to move them, yep!
Am I happy...you betcha
Yep, That's what we need! A straight 3-way speaker with a twelve inch woofer, six inch midrange and a sparkly tweeter. This used to be the norm (60's - 70's). then we started getting these "tower" speakers with the eight inch woofers (please). "Not to worry -if you want good bass, we'll sell you a subwoofer too!". I'd like to know why Mr. Wilson gave up on the Witts...
Imho people hear differently from each other. Once a speaker hits a certain point on the performance curve, it's almost entirely subjective. 
I have the VMPS RM 40’s for speakers. The owner and maker of these speakers passed on and his wife shut down the company. I paid under $2000 for these speakers compared to the Wilson’s that sells for thousands of dollars. I do not hear my system either. I hear sounds in the wide range beyond my speakers. I also hear great depth. Sound coming from the rear of the soundstage and sound from the front of the soundstage. Highs, midrange, bass are excellent. I listen to two channels only. People cannot believe what they are hearing when I put on vinyl, super audio cd, cd or DVD. Makes no difference. What does make the difference is the right components to drive your speakers. What makes the biggest difference is setting your system aright in your listening area or room. This is a must. Then of course there are good engineers and bad engineers when it comes to good sounding vinyl, etc. A good room setup with a recording done by an engineer that knew what he was doing can make any decent sounding component and speaker sound good. I am completely satisfied with my system and I do not hear my speakers or components.
In my experience, people who have good hearing do not hear differently but they might have different preferances and they might have different tolerance for distortion. For example, I don't have much tolerance for high frequencies distortion, some of mid and low are okay. I have a musician friend whoes hearing is better than mine but not different. He prefers the sound of panel speakers, I don't. But, he listens to mostly classical, and I don't listen to classical, only some neo-classical.