Wilson WATT...worth buying?

I've heard that Wilson WATT/Puppy is one of the finest speaker combo without paying 100k of money. Also heard that many studio use WATT/Puppy as thier reference system to produce movies and music. I'm looking to buy Wilson WATT-II (only WATT no PUPPIES) to replace my B&W matrix 805 which does not satisfy me in lower mid frequency. Here is my question.
1. How does the WATT perform in lower mid freq without pairing with PUPPY?
2. Does it worth to pay $2k or 3k for this small monitor?
3. Anybody have experience in the system with only WATT + powered-subwoofer (without PUPPIES). Any suggestion would be appreciate.

By the way, my music preference is acoustic jazz and smooth jazz. My equipment is EAD T-7000 transport, EAD TM Signature, EAD powermaster 500 (100x5).
supakit

Showing 1 response by lev335

Can I give some advice? Its a little off the track though. Try a pair of Revel gems 8,500 Studios 11,000 or a pair of Salons 15,000 The reason is this I matched a pair of the Revel Salons agianst the 39,000 wilsons and man I like to Salons better they where more natural sounding to me. And they cost a hell of a lot less. I heard them both on an all Mark Levinson system. Good luck I hope I didnt screw you up?