Wilson Spikes

During a little confusion getting my Sophias shipped to me, the spikes were forgotten. This has sionce been resolved, but as a result of my inquiries I felt I needed to ask.

I was quoted for a set of replacement spikes - £350 - not dollars - pounds. I guess this is about $600 for eight spikes.

I read in my new edition of audiocandy that a set of spikes can be had for £3.95 - say $7.

What benefits does Wilson claim for these spikes? And was my local distributor just trying to take advantage of my difficult situation at the time?
dmurfet
Why not Chad? In fact I've had one of my entire racks including the associated Audio Points (12 in all) cryo-treated.

It makes just as much sense as cryo-treating electronic parts as both act as conduits transfering energy.

In one case it's electrical energy and in another case it's mechanical.

-IMO
Stehno,

The problem is that unless you can induce a phase change in
the material - the Equation of State of the material says
that the material will return to its previous state when it
warms back up.

Dr. Gregory Greenman
Physicist
Morbius, my understanding is that your point, though good, is also debatable (not by me of course) as there are educated people with views on boths sides.

Ultimately, I don't know which is true, but because of the obvious improvements to me, I hope the state of material does not change back once it's been cryo-treated.

Since most things ulitmately are temporary to one degree or another, systems, human beings, etc., I would like to ask you, how soon after treatment do you anticipate the material returning to it's original state?

Obviously if the time period turns out to be days or weeks or perhaps months, it may not be worth the hassle and expense. But if the material changes back but it takes years, that may not necessarily be a problem.

Please feel free to point me toward any white papers that you'd like to share (and that I may comprehend).

-Thanks
The effects of cryo treatment are permamnent unless the the material is reheated to its anealing temperature.Tom