Wilson Speakers & Reviewers

Gents;

I've been reading a lot of reviewer system lists over the years.

Why do a lot of them end up with a Wilson Speaker

They do not appear to be the most resolving.........
Or is it Peer pressure ? Or magic ?

opinions?

jeff

frozentundra
Frozen, the industry has many storries sometimes a reviewer does fall in love with a product, sometimes the product is sold to said reviewer for a tiny fraction of its retail or wholesale cost.

There was a famous reviewer who magically was caught selling tons of donated uber expensive flat cables for years that he was promoting. Do you think he paid for those cables?

We know a famous Brooklyn audio reviewer who has tons of a particular company’s amps and preamps that are on never ending extended loan. ie free. The reason is simple he mentions those amps a lot as that is what he tests with.

Wilson are no more destination speakers than Rahido, Rockport, Magico. or any other well designed pair of speakers. The same conversation can be applied to cars is a BMW more of a destination auto than a Mercedes or an Audi or a Lexus or an Infiniti?

One thing that may color this conversation is if the reviewer did pay money for said product even if it was a fraction of its retail or wholesale price if that reviewer is thinking about how easily it will be to turn over that product, and pocket some money than a Wilson would be easier to move than lets say a pair of Estelon loudspeakers as more people know the Wilson product than the Estelon. If you don't think that some reviewers think this way then you don't know many reviewers. 

We are not saying Wilson makes a good, or bad product but in this industry Wilson is a very recognizable brand so they are way easier to turn if you want to.

Sound and preference is a matter of taste there are guys here who love their Wilson’s, or Magicos, or Rockports or whatever.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ
There must be 150+ reviewers in U.S. and Canada. Besides Michael Fremer and Marc Mickelson, I'm not aware of *any* writer that uses Wilson. They know better....
I bought a set of Maxx II's from my dealer, that were demos. Couldn't afford them otherwise. I have a couple of Krell EV 600's pushing them. I've had them around 6 years and have loved every minute. They're not hard to set up. You want them towed in, so you can just barely see the inner sides. They have bass that will kick your butt and clear sounding mids and highs. Their crossovers are their weak link, if you're not careful. You have to remember the correct process of turning on and off, your preamps etc, or you may blow them. I love mine and have no plans to replace them. I had some Martin Logan Monoliths before. They too were good, but with the Wilsons, you get that forward driving sound that only a conventional driver can provide. Great imaging and soundstage. 
@jonnie22 - I"m not aware of caring what 'audio writers' like or dislike in speakers.  I base my purchases on what I like, not what they like.