Wilson Sasha vs Meridian DSP 7200?

I've placed a deposit for Wilson Sashas+ Ayre k5xe pre+v5xe amp.
Source is ipod/Wadia itransport/Peachtree Nova DAC.
Mostly rock music. Room approx 17 x 24 feet with tall ceilings.
I ordered the Sashas after hearing the WP8's, and hope to trade up to the Maxx 3 in the future.
Heard the Meridian DSP 7000 yesterday and was impressed with their apparent synergy with a digital source, and no need for amps/pre-amps,cables. It didnt blow me away, but it sounded pretty nice.
I can get the DSP 7200(newer model) for about 30K, while Sashas are 26K + Ayre gear + cables
Question;
Should I stick with Wilson, or are the Meridians a better choice given my digital source?
Searching forums like this I find lots more stuff about Wilson than Meridian speakers.
Cost between 2 systems is not a major factor
Any advice is appreciated.
kippyy

Showing 1 response by stanwal

There is a very interesting review of the 7200 in the current HIFICRITIC. I would order it if I had any interest at all. Surprisingly, the 7200 sounded better driven from other CD players than it did from the 808.2i, which is possibly the best player on the market in certain respects. Used like this "we heard the unmistakable hallmarks of a truly great loudspeaker." It has "quite exceptional performance in all respects, deserving enthusiastic recommendation". They do not carry ads and do not recommend anything they do not really believe is good. That said, they have also reviewed several Wilson speakers and liked them all. It is hard to see how you could go wrong with either.