Wilson Sasha 2 or Alexia for small room 10' x 17'?

I went to audition the Wilson Sabrina at a local shop. I so wanted to love these speakers because of the reviews, price and compact size. Unfortunately, I could not (don't hate me  Sabrina owners). I did, however,  fall in love with the Sasha 2. It seemed to do everything and more that I was looking for and I am hoping this speaker will be a speaker I can live with for a very long time. After thinking about it, I wondered, is the difference between the Sabrina and Sasha 2 smaller or greater than the Sasha 2 and current Alexia? The room has  good acoustics, Mcintosh C50 pre, MC152 amp and as noted above, is very small. Would there be too much bass and overwhelm the room. I have not heard the Alexias and was wondering if any owners or listeners familiar to both can comment on the differences and similarities and give impressions as to how they might work in my small room. I currently own and like very much the  Sonus Faber Venere 3.0 but am looking for more. At this point, I am pretty sure I will go with the Sashas  but am looking for guidance from someone with experience especially since it is very hard to locate the Alexias and hear personally.  Thanks for your opinions
996cupracer
Again, Grpu, you put me on the defensive with all your bull and your defender of morality and propriety, stance. This is a forum, for open exchange, I explained my affiliation and offered a simple alternative, which is no different than some of the other posters who sometimes reply on these threads.

You complained that your issue was with meeting Dave and being turned off by his promoting and extolling the virtues of a pair of Usher speakers at a show? Correct, and that in your words his "hyperbolic" presentation turned you off, gee it seems to me that a Vandersteen dealer promoting the new 7’s would be saying the same things.

Usher speakers offered also very advanced driver technology, and at the time produced great sound for usually less money then many of their competitors, so wouldn’t you be exposing that concept, great sound for less money? Would any dealer who is representing this brand then say an Usher speaker is a better speakers then brand Y, I highly doubt it, the demo would be about creating great sound and offering a competitive product that might sound as good as brand Y for less money, and as I pointed out Usher in the next few years got a lot of traction for just that offering fantastic sound quality for less.

Two people who actually came here and  visited the shop,with one man owning a pair of Wilson 8s, came to our defense. The man who owned the Wilson 8’s said he thought the Personas were better, interesting isn’t it?

If I may remind you it is you that went out of your way to raise and cast aspersions on a person’s character and motivations.

What I said was a few sentences about how there may be a product which because of its room correction technology may enable this man to produce the results he is looking for in a small room, it was you who continued to push and hence there were lengthy exchanges to explain my position.

Taste and preference is a personal thing, we strive to find outstanding products, and if you think that many dealers aren’t in it just for the money think again, there are plenty that sell products they carry because they are easy to sell or are established reference brands.

I also advised this man to have his dealer bring over and setup these speakers in his room to guarantee that he is happy. It certainly doesn’t seem that through a forum post anyone is going to change this man’s mind.

He likes Wilson’s that is great, let’s just make sure he is getting the results he is paying for which is the coaching I would have given him if he was dealing with us in the first place.

You don’t sell Wilson Max for guys with small rooms, but I am sure there are dealers who took the money and run.

If cupracer buys his Wilsons new, and he is, then the dealers is obligated to set up the speakers correctly in his room. It comes with the purchase price. This is Wilsons rule.
@audiotroy Here's some unsolicited advice for you that I think would help you and certainly help the rest of us:

Post your business affilation at the bottom of every post, e.g.:

Troy Lastname 
Audio Doctor (dealer)
Anytown, Anystate
www.storewebsite
phone# or email

Rather than writing giant descriptions of what you want to sell on threads about other gear simply state "We have XYZ that we think is a better alternative for your situation. Contact us if interested".

Your writings wreak of telemarketers who just keep reading the script until the recipient hangs up. If you have new product that deserves discussion start a thread to discuss it in all the detail you'd like. 
Every time you lash back and go into more detail about why you did what you did it just costs you credibility. Even if your recommendations and advice are spot on, to force them in threads where people aren't interested won't win you sales or appreciation. Cheers,
Spencer
Crazyeddy the issue is not if the dealer is going to setup them up that is a given, what will happen if they over load his room and has too much or boomy bass then what? If I was the dealer I would be very concerned that the speakers are on the short wall, and it is not a near-field issue or not, I like listening in the near field, it is just easier to exacerbate bass issues.

Which is why I suggested that his dealer brings over a set before he takes delivery. 

As per Spencer again, this thread got high-jacked by Grpu attacking me the company, and our integrity and motivations.

If you notice I made one comment, about how this one pair of speakers and not any of the other speakers we sell, might, be an even better choice. 

It was a few lines, and hardly a diatribe or anything other than that. 

Troy 
Audio Doctor 
Jersey CIty NJ
www.audiodoctor.com
877-428-2873 

Is that better Spencer?

Honestly I wish Cupracer the best I just want him to be happy, and he may end up thrilled or not, are the Wilsons Sashas better speakers then his Sonus yes of course they are and I like Wilsons it will all come down to how Cupracers room and gear choice align with the Sashas.

Audiotroll:
Can you hear sbank with your tin ear?

Once again, you misrepresent what has happened in this thread. You say that I "hijacked" the thread.
Let’s review: The OP asked a number of questions designed to assist him in deciding which Wilson speakers he should purchase for his room. I provided an answer to all of his questions based upon my actual experience with Wilson speakers and different room sizes.

You swoop in to promote the Personas as the equal of Alexias for 20K less. Not so bad IF you had not been so overbearing about the Personas at great length and in excruciating detail in another thread by saying there, in sum, that they were made of the unquestioned best drivers known to man (beryllium) and engineered with the best R&D in audio, worth multiples of their price and, indeed that the Personas bested the $100k + Kharmas you guys had in your shop.
I agree that the Personas are very good speakers, a bargain for the money but to quote you from that thread:

"I have heard $100k Rockports, $120k Kharmas and $70k plus Wilsons, $70k Vandersteens, the Persona 9H can match any of them and in many areas out perform all of these major players, I would also include $70k Magico in this mix."

NOW, having heard all of the above speakers on many occasions including the Personas, I believe you have greatly overstated your case there and here.
That, in and of itself, does not give me the right to criticize a regular member of the Audiogon community, and I would not do that. Some people maintain that the Quad esls are the best speakers ever made. I can understand and would not dispute that opinion But you represent a dealer, and one owned by a hyperventilating, hyperbolic one at that (with whom I have had a number of such encounters, the last being a number of years ago when he tried to hard sell me and others the "last and best digital player I would ever need" (the fabulous and legendary Memory Player) with the "best overall speaker on the market period "(that would be the Ushers--at least they are still in business) The 4 unrelated people in the room with me that day looked at each other in surprise and commented in the hall as to what a turn off Dave’s sales job was.

So naturally, when you invade a thread having nothing to do with the OP’s question and try once again to sell the Personas here--I have to ask--do you have access to a dictionary?
Now look up the word "hijack". Enough said on that topic.

As for me impugning your company, integrity and motivations--well, I’ll let others decide.