Wilson MAXX 2 vs Watt Puppy 8

WP8 is an awesome speaker when set up correctly,wide soundstage,great dynamics and timbre. What do you gain by moving up the MAXX 2 other than lower bass? Do you need to treat the room to get the full potential of the MAXX 2? I listen to contemporary jazz (Pat Matheny,Rippingtons) and R&B (old and new). Is the MAXX 2 more of orchestra fan speaker?

WAF,not many mates are in favor of adding acoustic doo dads to the main living room,thats why I like the WP8,limited dispersion actually comes in handy,takes the room out of the equation. But the MAXX also interests me and my local Wilson store in Austin does not have one to demo.
wadav
Room size is an important consideration in determining which of these speakers to go with. If your listening room is small-to-medium, then W/P 8's might be the better choice. If the room is on the large side, or if you just-gotta-have pant-leg-flapping SPL, then the MAXX would be the better choice.
Hi, I just bought Maxx 2's to replace my WP 8's. The Maxx's were just installed/dialed on Sunday. I'll post back over the next several weeks my thoughts.

I can say already IT IS NOT just bass. It's a better speaker all over.
The WP sounds like a fast, detailed speaker. The Maxx sounds like music. You've got to hear it to believe it (make sure the room is big enough)