Wilson Audio Specialties Chronosonic XVX loudspeaker!! only $300,000.oo

What a bargain, still bet they sound great with the right amp up them, looking at that impedance/phase angle graph.
https://www.stereophile.com/images/421WXVXfig1.jpg

XVX is a very demanding load, with EPDR less than 1.1 ohms between 52Hz and 66Hz and between 197Hz and 287Hz, with minimum values of 0.91 ohms at 450Hz and 0.94 ohms at 3250Hz. The Chronosonic XVX should be used with amplifiers that don't have problems driving loads of 2 ohms and lower.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/wilson-audio-specialties-chronosonic-xvx-loudspeaker

Cheers George

128x128georgehifi

perkri
427 posts
05-04-2021 4:02am
@edgewound  

Nice cut and paste job.

Clumsy attempt to alter the narrative?
Nope. Just exposing who you really are. 
I’ve got a good, longtime friend from high school and college that has done extremely well.

We had a mini HS reunion a couple years ago and he asked me if I wanted to drive his Tesla Model S. As we spoke while driving this amazing car I asked what was his favorite? He’s had a 911 Turbo that got him into a lot of trouble, Lexus (can’t remember the model, but a competitor to BMW 5 Series), Mercedes S Class. He loves the Tesla, but currently, trips need to be either relatively short or planned around chargers. Keeping that in mind, he really enjoyed the Mercedes S Class.

He said he could buy anything he wanted...and test drove a Bentley GT. Said he felt too pretentious driving it, and his volunteer work would make him feel uncomfortable flaunting his wealth like that.

I really respect that bit of humility. He lives in a pretty modest house, as well, relative to his income. He’s been a Financial Advisor for nearly 40 years and has seen the good, bad, and ugly of wealthy people.
@edgewound

Haha

"Nope. Just exposing who you really are."

By attaching my name to something I didn’t say and that wasn’t directed at me?

Thats clever.

Man there are there really stupid generalizations above. Generalizing about the upper economic strata is just a form of social racism. Acceptable and allowed but no more ridiculous than any number of generalizations that I could make about the poor or minorities. Fact is that generalizations arent worth a damn regardless of the target group. None of us know the motivations or aspirations of anyone as a rule. But, aside from the trust funders, higher income can usually be associated with guts, hard work and good ideas.

I love it when people throw out community service as if this were some measure of worth, value or concern for others. By the way, your friend has already shown his hand by stating that he feels ashamed of flaunting his wealth. Most likely you wont get an objective opinion about the wealthy from a person who feels ashamed of what he has earned. The silly 21st century propaganda about class appears to have already done a number on his brain. To not live your life as you want due to appearances could be viewed as a tragic sign of weakness.

Earn your money, spend it as you see fit, pay what you owe in taxes and be charitable as your conscience dictates. 
I love the way the McLaren Speedtail looks. It probably costs 1.5 million, so I won't buy it- no big deal. As for very (VERY) rich people (and wealthy corporations), many do NOT pay their fair share of taxes like they should- this has been well documented.  Society (as in the UNITED states of A.) suffers as a result. As for Wilson speakers, I don't hear anyone arguing how much air you need to move in how great a space. How loud do you listen to (what kind of) music? IF I wanted their brand I would go for Sasha's for my 14X20 room. If there was something better for the same or less money I would get those. The other stuff makes a big difference as well- I like Levinson amps and preamps, or perhaps Rowlands. I would not want to pay extra for a fancier box- just a sturdy one. I ended up paying too much for cables- a foolish mistake. I have way too many reel to reels, which is really dumb (but I like them). I don't yet know what ROON is, but maybe that's a good thing. Everyone has opinions, and that's OK. But I heard Alexandrias once (Ver.I) and they were impressive, but somewhat overwhelming. They cost about $125K at the time which blew everyone away (at the time). The dealer made the statement that they made "everything else sound broken". I went home afterwards, put on my Eggleston Andra's (Ver.II), and just smiled. No, they didn't produce those big images, and they're not perfect, but they still sounded wonderful, natural, easy on my ears, and they were paid for (11K used). So I'm happy and still having fun reading the latest reviews. One further point- If Wilson sells you the Chronosonics, they should help you treat your room 1st so they'll sound as good as they're supposed to. THEN bring them over and set them up. IMHO. Also offer you a trade-up plan when their next miraculous breakthrough product is released, which you can bet they're already working on now.