Wilson Audio Specialties Chronosonic XVX loudspeaker!! only $300,000.oo

What a bargain, still bet they sound great with the right amp up them, looking at that impedance/phase angle graph.
https://www.stereophile.com/images/421WXVXfig1.jpg

XVX is a very demanding load, with EPDR less than 1.1 ohms between 52Hz and 66Hz and between 197Hz and 287Hz, with minimum values of 0.91 ohms at 450Hz and 0.94 ohms at 3250Hz. The Chronosonic XVX should be used with amplifiers that don't have problems driving loads of 2 ohms and lower.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/wilson-audio-specialties-chronosonic-xvx-loudspeaker

Cheers George

128x128georgehifi
Post removed 
@nationalbar Looking at the pricing points of the Wilsons ( or for that matter any high end product that has a multi kilobuck number attached) is something that serves little purpose to me. I think we tend to forget that there are a lot of folks who make tens of millions of dollars a month...so paying $850K for speakers is really nothing but chump change to them. The hardest thing that these folks have is finding ways to actually spend the money....
Post removed 
Post removed 
daveyf2,081 posts04-30-2021 4:22pm@edgewound I always laugh when I see an example of what you posted about with guitar ’collectors’. I have a friend who cannot play a lick and who recently was more than happy to show me his newest Gibson LP Gold Top...which he just paid over $40K for! It will hang on the wall in his study, along with 10-20 other dried out ’collector’ pieces. Sometimes it makes me question why this guy has these very nice guitars and an ex-pro studio musician, like myself, has to do with their lowly Tele...then i play my beloved Tele and I wouldn’t swap for all the 'collector' guitars in the world...there is no fun in having guitars on a wall and not being able to play them, IMHO.
Yeah...My favorite guitar is a partscaster I built 30+ years ago for about $600. The closest thing to what it'll do in a new guitar is several thousand $$.