Wilson Audio Specialties Chronosonic XVX loudspeaker!! only $300,000.oo

What a bargain, still bet they sound great with the right amp up them, looking at that impedance/phase angle graph.
https://www.stereophile.com/images/421WXVXfig1.jpg

XVX is a very demanding load, with EPDR less than 1.1 ohms between 52Hz and 66Hz and between 197Hz and 287Hz, with minimum values of 0.91 ohms at 450Hz and 0.94 ohms at 3250Hz. The Chronosonic XVX should be used with amplifiers that don't have problems driving loads of 2 ohms and lower.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/wilson-audio-specialties-chronosonic-xvx-loudspeaker

Cheers George

128x128georgehifi
Yes I have a pair of Quad 63s and only drive it with tubes. But, I have heard, some feedback helps in this process. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think that it is the swing on the Quads that is the problem. I think that the reason for the impedance curves on ESLs is pretty intrinsic while on dynamics speakers it is more of a design choice.

Here's my 20c:I have heard them with the unrelenting D'Agostinos driving. Plus, have heard a number of WA products across the years, always mated with similarly priced amps that can deliver extreme current at near shorts.The crazy impedance valley in the midbase is a WAs signature, most of their speakers have them, it is the result of the configuration of their two base drivers. I do not mind that it's only 2R, but what I really mind is that the speakers are often showcased (not by WA but by reviewers) as "4R speakers", which is not true. Apparently there is a great reluctance from the reviewers to admit to the fact that we have more and more 2R speakers on the market. Well, that was just a side note...The listening experience, unbiased by the price tag:
They truly sound spectacular. They reminded me as the ULTIMATE PA experience. Imagine that you are at a live amplified show, and they do the best amplification that's humanely possible. That's the experience they are giving. Big soundstage like a live event, but with razor-sharpness.
If you love jazz, and female vocals, they will deliver you an exceptional experience (when driven by matching amp).However, they do not work for classical music, as each of the drivers has a tonality of its own. Although the individual drivers' timing is spot-on, but their acoustic phases are off. After hearing piano on it I almost ran out. It was detailed, but sounded as if each octave was played on a different instrument.So, it's not a universal speaker - works wonders for jazz, but can't play classical.Also, it can play with tremendous force and SPL, but also gives tremendous listening fatigue. Can't help it - dome tweeters can't provide 100+dB SPL without being seriously distressed. Want 100-120dB level high frequencies sustained without ear fatigue - you have to go compression drivers, no other choice. This is not Wilson's fault, it affects all dome tweeters.
Also, the comment on huge soundstage: I welcomed that effect, it is much more realistic than the muppet shows we are used to by our venerable bookshelves and floorstanders in our living rooms. While the image can be overwhelming on a solo guitar, it is lifelike on a full-size rock band or a big event. As others commented, all speakers capable of delivering the full weight of a full band do throw that big picture - and they also show intimate stuff big as well, so there's no single solution. There are big pies and small pies, one size (stomach) does not fit (house) all.

In real life they are super impressive, look like real works of art. They are not my kind of aesthetics, but I do appreciate them, and the creativity that went into creating them. Also understand that modern art lovers can easily fall in love with them - both visual, and the sound.
My road is low power zero (or very little) feedback tube amps and high impedance efficient speakers - well, I am a classical music lover, and also a firm believer of building my own system, so it fits my dreams and I'm not limited to the dreams of a company desginer / engineer. Even when listening to jazz, I listen to the harmonic content as well, not just the impact, speed and resolution.
The vast majority of jazz lovers tend to love the WA sound unconditionally. I mean jazz lover audiophiles with 30-40 years of audio history. I have noticed that about 75% of those who heard it said that was the best stereo sound they ever heard in their life.

Post removed 
Let;s see:  Beautiful Ferrari, or horribly ugly speakers.  I guess you need to be able to afford both, but surely someone, somewhere makes exceptional sounding, beautiful speakers for someone who has over a quarter of a million dollars to blow, and can still afford the electronics to drive them.. For me, it would be the 4 way Nautulis and the necessary 8 channels of 350 watts each  needed to drive them.  If I were that wealthy, and self-centered enough to not help the less fortunate among us (Versus setting up a tax write off disguised as a charity), it would be the Audio Research amps that need a separate HVAC system for cooling.  One floor model pair is at Audio Advisors in WPB, FL for half price of about $40,000. Now, where can I find three more pair, aad a good contractor?  Oh, yeah , the unemployed!