Wilson Audio Haters

I've always wondered why there are so many people out there, that more than any other speaker manufacturer, really hate the Wilson line. I own Maxx 2's and also a pair of Watt Puppys. They are IMHO quite wonderful.

Why does Wilson get so much thrashing?

128x128crazyeddy
@ricred1

Your PL500 must sound fantastic. My comments above with regard to MA design are primarily directed at Bo who is a shill for MA on a thread about Wilson. The design choices or trade offs MA have made have clearly resulted in a world class speaker. I just deliberately disagree when Bo claims MA have discovered some new 3D paradigm in audio that totally trashes everything else. I just wanted to point out that Bo's 3D discovery while desirable, impressive and enjoyable - might not be what every audiophile or speaker designer is striving for. Simply put - there are tradeoffs in every design. Horses for Courses. There isn't one speaker that is totally perfect at everything but there probably is an ideal speaker for each audiophile - one that suits listening preferences, space and aesthetics...
ct0517,

My speakers are 5 ft from the front wall. 
As far as how deep the drummer appears when setup properly or close to the wall? I'm not Bo and really not interested in a conversation about that. They sound good to me and I enjoy listening to music more than ever before...that's more important to me.
Shadorne, 

My only point is you attack MA, because of your disagreement with Bo. Despite the fact that I love my speakers, I repeatedly say there are no absolutes in Audio. As a matter of fact I didn't like MA Platinum Series I. I think it's more productive to describe the differences between speakers using several recordings. I've had several speakers in my room during the past few years. The best way to discern differences is through listening, not based on design. It was relatively easy to hear the differences between the Aerials and Revel speakers I had. 
"I’m not a client of bo1972’s, but I’m very satisfied with my Monitor Audio PL500’s."

I’ve never heard your speakers, and I’m glad you like them. The issue isn’t the gear per se, it’s the pure arrogance in claiming that only the gear he prefers will give the best results - and even then it can only sound right if he sets it up according to some hidden process he only describes with a gobbledygook buzzword.
p59teitel,
Bo isn’t the only one that’s arrogant on Audiogon. The epitome of arrogance is when someone makes statements about how somethings sounds, yet they’ve never heard it and many people on Audiogon do it all the time. Again, I don’t agree with Bo and how he approaches audio. Despite what Bo thinks, I can name several speakers that I would take over my PL500’s.