Wilson Audio Duette 2's vs Tekton Ulf's

Help...I am going crazy reading the Tekton DI forum.  And now there are comments regarding the Ulf.  I have a pair of Wilson Audio Duette 2's.  I have two Triad Silver in wall Subwoofers to complement the bass from the Duette 2's.  My integrated tube amp is Raven Audio Reflection MK2 with 58wpc.  That combination has been absolutely awesome for me in a room that is 30'wide x 40' long.  Yes, I know not the perfect listening room but the music that comes out of my system sounds like a concert hall.  In addition, I have a Lumin A-1 DAC / Music Streamer and a Synology hard drive for music storage.  I love my system.  This is strictly 2- channel as I have a separate dedicated theater room also.  

Originally, for fun I was going to buy the Tekton DI and just compare them to the Duette 2's.  I figured I would compare the two speakers and sell the ones that I did not like as much.  Yes, they are two totally different speakers.  Then, the Ulf's came out and Eric said they blow the doors off of the DI's.  Naturally, I am interested in the Ulf's.  However, in this situation, I would need to sell my Duette 2's before ordering the Ulf's.  Am I crazy?  I am comparing the Duette's that cost $23k vs a Tekton Mini or Ulf at $7.5k to 12k.  

I live in the Phoenix area.  If there are any audiophiles out here that would not mind listening to my current system and telling me what you think I would love to hear your comments.  It is very hard for me to give an objective opinion on my system.  Like I said I love it....but like all of us, if there is a way to improve it we do it.  I just don't know if the Tekton Ulf's are an upgrade over my Wilson's.
willgolf

Showing 2 responses by james_w514

Someone that negative about a product unheard is not going to change their mind after listening no matter how good it sounds. I wouldn’t trust anyone sharing an opinion of a product they haven’t heard. Expect a post in a month or two from stating he heard them at a "friends" house and they were just ok or sucked. This poisonous and negative mentality is nothing new in the hobby.

OP do yourself a favor and bring them in for a trial and let your ears decide. IMO there will be as many people that dislike the Tekton sound as those that love it so don’t go selling your excellent speakers quite yet. I’m expecting sooner than later I will have a guest comment negatively on them during a demo although so far everything has been overwhelmingly positive.

@ mr_m With the long the list of gear I’ve had over the years it is clear to me I am not a fanboy of any company (maybe ATC a little) The Double Impact was such a stand out product for me I felt compelled to post to this site and share my thoughts with other owners. I don’t think anyone else on Canuck Audio Mart has them. Ordering the Mini Ulfs could end up being a very expensive mistake on my part as the custom finish means I won’t be able to return them. Sometimes a company gets it just right with one product and that might be the Double Impact.

I like good sound and if Tekton makes a bad sounding speaker I will be first in line to bash it. I couldn’t stand the Acoustic Zen Adagio’s I bought unheard and bashed them every chance I got even though they were loved by reviewers and owners.