Wilson Alexia 20x15 Room

Hi,

I have vandersteen 5A and thinking of changing speaker to Alexia for bigger sound. Will there be any problem with my small 20x15 room. My other gear is all Audio Research

ARC Ref 250
ARC Ref 5 SE
ARC Ref DAC
ARC Ref 2 SE .
veerapaneni

Showing 5 responses by zd542

I've had several models from both brands, but I do feel that Vandersteen is a better speaker. I can't really tell you what to do because you may not have the same taste's as me, but I can give you 1 piece of advice that may help. The one thing about Vandersteen that most people don't get, even some of the people who own them, is how transparent they are. They let you hear more of what your electronics sound like than any other speaker I know of. With a Vandersteen based system, you can usually change what you don't like with electronics.

But you shouldn't take my word on something like this. You're talking about too much money to just guess. If you can, borrow some gear from people you know, or a dealer. It doesn't really matter if its something you would actually buy, or not. Just do it to confirm my comments on the transparency of your Model 5's. If you don't hear things the same way I do, then maybe new speakers would be a better choice.
Knghifi,

"Don't trust your ears? All you Vandersteen owners GOT that?"

I was actually thinking of a meaningful response to your post because you clearly didn't understand mine. Not to mention that the OP is trying to make a difficult decision. But the only thing I can think of that makes any sense is, you're an idiot. Sorry, but nothing else fits.

To anyone else, if I wasn't clear on something, just ask and I'll explain. Most of us post to help each other, not to see who can split the smallest hair for no purpose at all.
"Why you want and need to play loud. I still think 85-90 db is
loud during a long period of listening!
Bo1972 (Reviews | Threads | Answers | This Thread)"

I've always thought that playing a system loud is a way to make up for flaws. If something is missing in one area, the extra volume may be a way to compensate. I think most people may not realize that this is the case. I found that when I have a system that sounds right for me, I don't listen as loud.
"I disagree somewhat with the last two posts."

Its not about being in agreement. What we're talking about here is purely subjective.
Maybe John from Audio Connection will nice enough to come out and do an in home demo for you.