Will this amp trick work for increasing bass performance?

I'm considering matching Focal Utopia Scala Evo with two amps for bi-amping, to separate bass and mid/high. 

I'm considering the Pass Labs XP-32 pre-amp, which has individual volume controls for each channel/amp. By slightly increasing bass amp volume over mid/high amp volume, I get to feel more punch from the 11" woofers. The crossover in the Focals cuts off at 220Hz, so only bass and sub bass are affected.

Which two power amps would you consider? Power amp budget is about $30K. Was told Focals like power, so >250W for bass amp seems the minimum. Pre amp will likely be Pass Labs XP-32.
Maybe Pass Labs X250.8 + X150.8 or X250.8 + XA60.8?

Your thoughts please? Any other ideas to get more bass performance from the 11" woofers in the Focals? Subwoofer is not an option. I know McIntosh has a pre-amp with equalizer, which would solve the problem too. But I always thought EQs are a no-no.
robert1976
@oldhvymec
I was suggesting the X250.8 for bass duties and XA60.8 for mid/high.
But please enlighten me. I'm here to learn something, not to get fried haha.

I'm looking for a way to get more deep bass from my system. What do you suggest?
BTW, saw my first and only UFO in 1976 on July 4. Over 100,000 people saw it in the Bay Area. It was never explained... A true UFO.

Weird... Bicentennial. 5 lights. There is actual footage, GOOD footage..

What a night...Pioneer 6x9s x 4 with a Crag Power play 8 track.
James Brown....Tighten Up....

Regards,
@robert1976
I was suggesting the X250.8 for bass duties and XA60.8 for mid/high.
No doubt that's what you meant -- hence my comment about the 6dB difference between the two amps (+6 from the bass amp).
As an aside, A'gon member Audiokinesis, a speaker designer, has researched low-frequency reproduction extensively; it may be worth your while to contact him directly -- he is usually very helpful (and never pushes his own products -- which are reputedly excellent, btw!). Regards

The product is wonderful, just a dream come true..

Either or, both are just a Wonderful, a wonderful.. !!!

But bass duty...Really. I suppose it has to look good I suppose it need to match? I duno..

I shouldn’t say things like that.. If you’re looking for the best, you chose it for sure...

I’m still thinking, if I could, would I? Answer is still no..

I couldn’t.. BUT, I’m pretty frugal, 5 or 6 depressions ago maybe.. LOL.

Enjoy whatever it is.. I say great class Ds, will make um hum.

Pass, oh yea..they will sound great... I guess I’m a little grumpy, finishing up my projects..LOL

Regards
NO! Buy four JL Fathom subs and place them asymmetrically around the room. Problem solved - and money saved!