Will the Plinius 8200 Mk1 fit my needs?

Given that I listen everything from jazz to folk to electronic to metal, how would a Plinius 8200 work? I haven't decided on the speakers yet, but I'm leaning toward Dynaudio or System Audio. I like an open sound, with plenty of imaging, soundstage & dynamics... percussion is important to me! Any other recommendations for electronics that might suit my tastes? I'm trying to stay under about $1500. Thanks for the input.

Dennis
eeerie1

Showing 1 response by jude59

I recently purchased the 8200 Mk1 and it is finally breaking-in. The sound was bright when I first purchased it, but after only one week the sound has warmed to the "tube-like" descriptions I've read so many times. Last night I was especially impressed with the vocal sections of certain songs - like I never experienced before - that elicited such a strong feeling in me. I've just never felt so connected with the music.

I am driving Polk LSI-25 speakers and am very, very happy. Of course, all things are relative, er, subjective. Anyway, I couldn't be happier for the money I spent ($2,300 for amp and speakers). Only wish I hadn't waited so long.