Will the placement of casters on speaker stands degrade the performance

I recently purchased a new (used) pair of Magnapan 3.7i's.  They replaced a pair of 1.7's.  when I got the 1.7's I worked for weeks to get them tuned to the room.  At the end of that process, the 1.7's were like magic.  I am now going through the same process with the 3.7i's.  As I am getting older, the 3.7's (with Mye Stands) are much harder to move on my carpet.  My Question - Will placing casters under the stands degrade the sound quality and does anyone know the bolt and thread size for the Mye stands.  I would kindly appreciate knowledge, advice, opinion, etc.
Thanks in advance, js 
johnspain
Try putting casters on any piece of furniture you have and see what the effect is. 

Hi johnspain!  Casters won't hurt. I put my heavy speakers on casters, too. Just be sure you use casters that don't rattle when you shake them. The wheels should be free, but not loose or wobbly on their axels. Enjoy.

boomerbillone
111 posts
07-06-2021 1:10pmHi johnspain! Casters won't hurt. I put my heavy speakers on casters, too. Just be sure you use casters that don't rattle when you shake them. The wheels should be free, but not loose or wobbly on their axels. Enjoy.
Thanks so much for the useful info.
boys and girls, there are locking casters... have cake, eat it too... to some degree at least, kinda sorta
locking is one thing, tight axel is another, they need to be tight or even when locked they will wobble.