Will a Rega P6 work with a Denon 103r,103D .Sumiko Blue Point Special cartridges

Came across a Rega P6 I have some new Denon 103r,103D. Sumiko Blue Point Special Cartridges  Will they be a match for this Table. 
Thanks for info

fruitloopsr
That's the RB330 tonearm?  No on the Denon and yes on Sumiko based on compliance match only.  I assume that's what you were asking?  
Technics is a much better table with a full range of adjustments and pitch perfect speed control unlike the Rega.
BillWojo
Go Technics, you will never regret it.
And much better cartridges than Sumiko available even at lower price.
One example with 15cu compliance (only for "SP" version) match for Technics tonearm.
Stereohedron stylus tip profile is one of the best of advanced profiles
buy NOS and you will be fine
Denon 103 is on your radar because of the low price ?

Denon is a low compliance cartridge with conical tip, how it can be good for mid mass tonearm designed for MM (or for mid compliance MC). Denon 103 series designed for high mass tonearms (those arms are very old, from the 60’s/70’s).

Here is simplified info about different styli
And more info from JICO on the same subject.

Conical tip is the worst (oldschool) profile on the planet with the shortest life span, then you will pay another $350-500 for new cantilever and new stylus every 300-500 hrs ? After the first re-tip your cartridge will cost much more than expected, and with proper refurbishing it will cost you more that some better cartridges. This is the worst cartridge you can buy for modern turntables with mid mass tonearms (in my opinion).

If you want new LOMC cartridge look for Audio-Technica with MicroLine stylus profile, they are great and very reasonable priced. But still not better than top vintage MM or MI that cost less and have user replaceable styli with superb diamonds.

With limited budget (up to $450 max) for Technics tonearm the best cartridges with very involving sound are Pickering XSV-3000SP and Stanton 881s mkII (based on Pickering 3000 series). The best match is Pickering "SP" version, because the compliance is reduced for modern MID MASS tonearms (that cartridge was discontinued in 1994, it was the latest). I also like Pickering XSV/5000 and my favorite is Stanton SC-100 WOS with sapphire coated cantilever. 

If you looking for MC then low impedance "XLZ" version of the Pickering is what was designed for use with MC Phono stage (yes), the output is extremely low (just like MC), but it's still MM. Pickering XLZ4500 is superb cartridge (low impedance for MC phono stage!). Here is also an interesting product catalog for Stanton where you can read about low impedance series "LZS". Stanton and Pickering are the same cartridges under different brands.  

Mr.Pichering hired Walter O. Stanton as sales manager. Mr.Stanton invented the interchangeable needle grips Pickering used. It was not long before Stanton organized a hostile takeover of the company, forcing Pickering out of his company and out of the audio field. Walter O. Stanton later established Stanton Magnetics Inc in 1961. He was the chairman and president of both Pickering & Co and Stanton Magnetics Inc until 1998.

Thanks for info, I also have a Manley Chinook SE Pre phono
Only looking to spend around 800 for a MC cartridge. Dont know if i should sell the Rega Its brand new.
Mike
You'd sell the Rega just because it's arm is a poor match with the Denon cart?  There is a whole world of other MC carts in your price range that would be a good match compliance wise.
Mike, you can sell and buy stuff, when you’re buying slightly used you can sell it with no loss. When you’re buying something new you can sell it with discount. It’s not necessary to sell, but if you’re willing to sell there is nothing wrong with it, it’s impossible to buy stuff without selling some, it’s a part of the hobby for those who’s not rich just to buy everything.

Technics is great Direct Drive turntable and resell value is very strong. The price for a new one is also very nice, because it’s top quality component.

There are many mid compliance cartridge on the market, that’s for sure, Rega tonearm designed for them, not for oldschool Denon from the 60’s.
You can simply buy just a cartridge for your Rega, but if you’re looking for better turntable then Technics is just great for the money!

An MC cartridge for about $800 is probably AT ART-9
But i’m pretty sure you can find absolutely amazing MM or MI for half price to spend the rest for your new Technics turntable.
Honestly I never owned a mm mi cartridge I am aware of Denon shortcoming The denon and sumiko were my brothers he did not use 
I would then like to hear some of you guys recommend for the rega
I am saving for another good table. had a vpi aires3  several years ago.
I only got the rega for a a office and the dealer said the Denon would work just needed to buy the extra heavier weight.Did not do my homework. Live and learn.
Dealers normally know nothing, they only push the sales of whatever combination. I've been asking dealers many times and realized some of them don't know what they're talking about. Low compliance MC is NOT optimal for Rega tonearms. 
chakster
Dealers normally know nothing, they only push the sales of whatever combination.
You're working with the wrong dealers.
@cleeds I am not working with them, there are exceptions for sure, there must be good people in business.

But it is clear that stock DENON 103 designed for high mass tonearms, this is the basics, every dealer should know this. 

I have re-read email replies in my mailbox from various US dealers of the phono cartridges, most of them made serious mistakes when i asked about very expensive high-end cartridges in terms of cartridge/tonearm matching, it was 5-7 years ago. When you ask something (not buying something) they don't care (many of them).  
@chakster Guess if i want to keep the Rega, Sell the cartridges i have and reread your pm when i get time. You seem to know what your talking about.. pm you when i do some homework.
Thanks, Mike
Cheers, Mike. You're welcome 
Always happy to help with some raer stuff  :)) 
Yeah, I dont claim to know anything about compliance or low/med high mass tonearms. Usually leave it to dealers, forums. Any help with that technical stuff would be good.Let me know where i can find that stuff out.
Thanks, Mike