Why would 2 schiit aegir amps sound the same as 1?

My setup is forte 3s, schiit freya+ preamp and 2 schiit aegir amps.  They accidentally only sent 1 amp last week so I was able to trial my system for a week before my second amp came and I switched the aegir from stereo mode to two monoblocks. Yes my speakers are high sensitivity but I’m surprised I need to turn my volume dial to roughly the same spot on the dial.  I was definitely expecting more going from a 20 watt stereo amp to two 80 watt amps.  Overall I’m happy with the sound but maybe I just don’t need both amps?
varchard
Why would 2 schiit aegir amps sound the same as 1?
Because your Klipsch Forte’s are a easy load for the bridged amps, would have been in favour of the stereo amp if the speakers had a harder load yet still efficient.
As a bridged amps looses out in many specification parameters to the same amp in stereo, except in wattage is where they gain. 

Cheers George
The Freya preamp has 12 dB gain available and the Aegir power amp has 22 dB gain available.  Schiit's web site gives no indication that those numbers change when you run in the balanced mode (with 2 Aegirs as monoblocks)  or as a single-ended system (1 Aegir). 

That would indicate that the position of the volume knob would give the same volume output with either setup. So, what you are talking about is having more power available when running the balanced setup. That translates as more headroom (if your listening volume needs more power for peaks) or just a louder possible max volume when running the Aegirs as monoblocks.

There is a detailed article and video about this with New Day Record with Ron!

If you have 90db or greater you won't need 2 Aegirs but if you are using 90db or less efficient
you need 2.

Watch the video, he uses Freya Plus+ and Bifrost 2 and 2 Aegirs and blows away everything else in comparison. 
 how are the steps spaced in the Freya+ for use with the higher efficiency speakers. Are they spaced close enough to give a usable volume range and control? Some stepped attenuators I’ve tried are too far spaced for usable volume control just either too much or too little sort of thing. 

Thank you in advance 

glen