Why will no other turntable beat the EMT 927?

Having owned many good turntables in my audiophile life I am still wondering why not one of the modern designs of the last 20 years is able to beat the sound qualities of an EMT 927.
New designs may offer some advantages like multiple armboards, more than one motor or additional vibration measurements etc. but regarding the sound quality the EMT is unbeatable!
What is the real reason behind this as the machine is nearly 60 years old, including the pre-versions like the R-80?
thuchan
Peter,
I have seen the original Denon 308 "in live". Just a very impressive instrument, full of electronics - which was part of the time then. Your integration of the DD motor in your new chassis is a good effort, only the tonearms wouldn`t be my first choice :-)

Owning a perfect Denon 100M I regard the DD motor as one of the 1st important parts.

Best
E.

Nandric,

Affording is the one thing, but what you make out of the components is the other. All Turntables owned by me - good! We may agree on this, but pls. look on my page...

Best
E.
Lohanimal,
thanks for your assessment of my page. Agree that people have a different listening approach or let`s say preferences. Among many of my friends are enjoying vintage systems. They do not care about the sometimes missing bass which is ok when you are listening to some forms of Jazz etc.
Regarding the Dartzeel I am using the CTH-8550 in my bedroom system. BTW I do agree with Mike Fremer who is using the big mono blocks in his solid state based system. I have never heard a better sound from a solid state system than with the Dartzeels. In my big system I am using a tube based approach.

Best
E.
@thuchan 

We supply the GrooveMaster Vintage Direct DN308 Professional with any arm our customer wants - so far have used SME312S and SME312, Kuzma 4.14, Triplanar U12 and  Ikeda IT407

The arm boards are removable and we can supply new boards down the road should a customer want to install a new or second arm.

Good Listening

Peter

I found just today this old post. I did´nt read all posts, but just want to say that I have used during last 30 years several turntables and the last one was Clearaudio Statement combined with Allnic H-5000 Phono Pre Amp up graded by me. Two days ago I installed EMT-927 with original EMT-139ST phono amp and the difference in favor of EMT combo was too big, too important, still I can´t belive that.