Why were 291 responses removed about Rap?

I do not care for rap.  It is not music.  I abhor unbridled censorship.  Why were 291 posts systematically removed,  then the post deleted by moderators?   I did have a serious reply, followed by two tamer ones. This is not about me.
834b4bb8 23fc 4a94 866a 7aa27ddd2853danvignau
I've not ever seen a white non-racist get upset when someone of any complexion points out overt racism. 
ghasley,

Good points, except that argument (and maybe apologies) were about misogyny in rap, not in music overall. It just happens that this particular study investigated all of it so we have a bonus opportunity to compare to other genres, too.

"Why is anyone who doesn’t like rap posting on this thread?"

Maybe to keep healthy balance instead of uniform thinking that spins into a black hole? I am not sure if that is the reason, but it surely contributes to more open-minded assessment. I have been largely unsuccessful in raising awareness of rap as a significant world genre. Most of the posters seem to still treat it as some neighborhood phenomenon. Which suggests they are either unwilling, or unable, to open the window and see the new day has dawned. Why is that is another pair of shoes and some study on sociology may better explain it than I ever could.

Another thing with the study may be the material evaluated. I did not notice it explicitly mentioned what geographical locations songs used were from. I might have missed it, though.

In my, quite limited but apparently much broader than many here, experience/exposure to rap from other countries I really cannot recall aggressive, mysogynistic, and whatever other descriptor that rap gets on this forum. If my observations are correct, it could be that rap produced in U.S.A. really has some increasing mysogynistic character while that one from elsewhere is less so.
Never mind glupson. I figured it was pointless. Carry on.

In any case the point is misogyny is by no means associated merely with rap. So singling it out for that demonstrates a clear bias. Plus it by no means originated with rap....other music prior paved the way.....so again singling rap out for that again shows a clear bias.

Everyone should apologize to everyone as needed. If you want to obsess on MC fine. It’s not about him though you seem to think so. You two should get a room.

mapman,

Do not be mad. In the heat of the moment and trying to prove the point, we all sometimes misread. No negative points for you.
@orpheus10 fascinating. Please, enlighten us more on how black people feel about things. I didn't know you were a spokesperson.