Why were 291 responses removed about Rap?

I do not care for rap.  It is not music.  I abhor unbridled censorship.  Why were 291 posts systematically removed,  then the post deleted by moderators?   I did have a serious reply, followed by two tamer ones. This is not about me.
834b4bb8 23fc 4a94 866a 7aa27ddd2853danvignau
What I don’t understand is why can’t members keep disruptive posts that don’t answer the OPs question to themselves? For instance, millercarbon’s post above basically smacks of ignorance and preconceived notions and has no relevance to the OPs post.

The question posed by the Op was why 291 posts were removed. MC answered the ? & stated his opinion. It was relevant though maybe you think it distasteful. And that is your opinion. But as Glupson says above, it was not about the music but A’gon’s practices

FWIW I agree that disruptive posts should not occur. But perfection is not achieved in this world
I stand corrected.  I grossly overstated my case concerning rap, in general, rather than limiting my "Non-music" statement to computer generated tones of many genres.  Of course, this is also music, so I will try to clarify:  I prefer to call the music I like instrument driven.  Just because I do not like popular computer generated music( CGM), I should not claim it is not really music.  A CGI lion still represents a lion in films, so I will state that CGM at least represents music, even when it is total drivel.  I am not limiting "drivel" to rap, nor do I really claim that either cannot be called music.  Let's just admit that, as a musician of sorts,  I am an elitist pig who does not like the fact that music appreciation is no longer a requirement of our school systems, and firmly believe that if every child were exposed to the theories of, and the history of many music genres, we would have less actual fame driven drivel that represents music on the radio and on television..  
artemus_5  I agree that rap is art.  As in much of art, many people become such elitist pigs that they cannot see the creativity in culturally diverse creations. 
HOWEVER!   The focus is not on the music, but on the artistic expression,  I guess I actually prefer the artistic expression of jazz and blues' focus on the music, and musicianship, rather than the culturally different modern versions of rap.  Enjoy your rap. Call it music. Why not   It is for you.

What Agon has to say about Rap is about as moot as moot can get; it's kind of like a fart in a hurricane.