Why were 291 responses removed about Rap?

I do not care for rap.  It is not music.  I abhor unbridled censorship.  Why were 291 posts systematically removed,  then the post deleted by moderators?   I did have a serious reply, followed by two tamer ones. This is not about me.
128x128danvignau

Showing 3 responses by hilde45

@danvignau What's your definition of music? There are many things in the category of music which are there because they're not noise or mere sound, though their value may be limited or just not preferred. Do you mean to say, literally, that rap is not music or rather that it's not good music or that you don't prefer it? In the first 2 of those, I'd be interested in hearing your reasoning.
@danvignau 
In your OP, you write: "I do not care for rap. It is not music."

Later, in comments, you write: "I do not say that rap cannot be music."

Which is it?
What scares me: disinformation. Consider this warning from cyber policy and national security expert Dr. Herb Lin of the right-leaning Hoover Institution. He told a subcommittee of the House Armed Services Committee that in the modern era we are not formally at war, but we are not at peace either:

“Information warfare threat to the United States is different from past threats, and it has the potential to destroy reason and reality as a basis for societal discourse, replacing them with rage and fantasy. Perpetual civil war, political extremism, waged in the information sphere and egged on by our adversaries is every bit as much of an existential threat to American civilization and democracy as any military threat imaginable.”

https://www.hoover.org/sites/default/files/hasc_citi_-_written_testimony-2021-04-30-rerevised-final7...