Why were 291 responses removed about Rap?

I do not care for rap.  It is not music.  I abhor unbridled censorship.  Why were 291 posts systematically removed,  then the post deleted by moderators?   I did have a serious reply, followed by two tamer ones. This is not about me.
128x128danvignau

Showing 4 responses by frogman

Simple. Because as I tried to point out in my one post in one of the previously deleted threads, there has been (as is often the case) a lack of depth in the opinions expressed. As a result, not only does the content of the posts deviate from the strict subject of the thread (as required by forum guidelines) the posts become a vehicle for the poster’s self righteousness or indignation; regardless of which side of the coin is being expressed. Depth in communication style includes being able to scrutinize one’s own motivations for expressing the views expressed and, perhaps more importantly, THE WAY that we express them. A perfect example of what the end result of this lack of self scrutiny is the simple fact that this thread is headed in exactly the same direction as the others (deletion) and posters remain oblivious to their role in the problem. One doesn’t need to look far (above) to see what I mean.
pcc67, I like your posts and your attitude. The human condition is messy; always has been and always will be. The politicization and weaponization of race threatens to do much damage to our humanity just as overt racism does. Everyone, and I mean everyone has some degree of racism in his psychological fiber. (“OH MY GOD, NOT ME!”....I can hear the reactions to this comment).  It is human to feel more comfortable with the familiar. Psychologists refer to it as “unintentional racism” or “implicit bias”. Unfortunately, some do to the point of hatred.  It is how we process that reality, how we act and how we treat our fellow human beings that matters and determines whether or not we are a true bigot. This is the reason that you are correct in your approach and with your attitude.

As far as I am concerned it is often the case that those who are most eager to find racism around every corner and giddy to vociferously call it out without a more complete understanding of the person who is the subject of their “outrage”, not to mention without at least some self-scrutiny, turn out to be the most racist of all.
Orpheus10, I said no such thing.  I did not address you and I expect an apology. Please keep me out of your twisted logic.